Lot 89 South Tce Farrell FlatContact Agent
- Bedrooms 2
- Bathrooms 1
- Property type House
- Size 1
- Listing Status For sale
Just a short drive to the brilliance and beauty of the Clare Valley with its famed wineries and all it has to offer or the heritage townships of Burra and Mintaro. If you’re looking to buy in this area then you should make time to inspect this inviting and immaculately maintained home.
This modern, eco-friendly home built in 2009 was designed by widely-published architect Emilis Prelgauskas renowned for his work in sustainable development projects over more than 30 years. Everywhere you look around this home you will find clever and subtle best-practice design features to ensure long term sustainability with minimal environmental impact. Some of the main features are described below however you have to come to see it and feel it to really appreciate the thought and care that has gone into building this lovely home.
The main structure consists of;
– braced portal framed galvanized steel with corrugated zincalume roof;
– Hebel block external walls finished with a white marble sheen render;
– internal walls constructed using light weight steel framing clad with plasterboard;
– roof design incorporates 2 clerestory windows allowing natural light and air circulation;
– north facing eaves sized to allow the warm winter sun in but reject the hot summer sun;
– anodised aluminium windows with Viridian e-glass to minimise heat pass-through;
– glass batts roof and wall insulation;
Self-sufficiency aspects include;
– 5 x 13,500 litre rainwater tanks (total 67,500 litres) plumbed to house with mains back-up;
– 3kw (18 panels) grid-connected solar system;
– high efficiency Hills endless evacuated tube solar HWS with Bosch instant gas hot water back-up.
– Biolytix waste-water and septic system irrigated to lawn
Internally, this beautifully maintained home has lots to offer with many special features including;
– spacious, light filled open plan kitchen, dining, living areas with classy looking Stonecraft slate flooring;
– 2 generous size bedrooms, main with BIR and natural sisal floor covering;
– modern bathroom with double-glazed skylight;
– beautiful self-installed Farquhar kitchen;
– stainless steel Smeg appliances, gas cook top, electric oven, Fisher Paykel dishwasher;
– walk-in pantry air cooled to sub-ground temperature, great for storage of perishables;
– Caesar stone bench tops in kitchen, bathroom laundry;
– ceiling fans with adjustable summer/winter air flow;
– combustion wood stove with fan for winter warmth;
– living area opens onto timber deck ideal for outdoor dining or entertaining.
– 3m-5m raked ceilings in living area with Solomit straw panels providing natural thermal insulation;
– separate laundry and w/c.
– Large steel-framed shed/workshop/office or man cave (7.4m x 6m) with separate shower and w/c;
– double car port (6m x 5.8m)
– red brick perimeter paving, fruit trees and lawn area
If you’re interested in arranging an inspection time or simply want more information please call Peter at any time.