2 Malvern Court, ABERFOYLE PARK SA 5159
- Bedrooms 3
- Bathrooms 2
- Property type House
- Size 1,119 square meters
- Building Size 157 square_meters
- Listing Status Sold
- Land Size square meters sqm
Situated on a rare large (1,119 sqm) and peaceful block, with dual street access front and back, this home is located in the hilltop dress circle of Aberfoyle Park bordering right on the sought-after Chandlers Hill area. You’ll have to make an effort to get to know your neighbours, because you won’t see or hear much of them.
Extensively renovated and offering multiple living and entertaining options with spacious, open plan living areas, the heart of this home features a modern cook’s kitchen with recently updated premium appliances, Alby Turner and Son Blackwood cabinetry, a polished granite topped island bench, loads of storage and a view to die for from your kitchen window.
Decorated in neutral tones throughout with quality timber floors matching the warm timber tones of the main living area, the house incorporates three freshly carpeted bedrooms (two QS). The generous master suite/parent’s retreat features a renovated ensuite, WIR and mirrored BIR, whilst an updated main bathroom and separate toilet service the other two airy bedrooms. There’s a bright laundry and concealed, roomy storage is a feature of the passageway, including a custom built, insulated ‘wine cellar’ cupboard.
The stunning views over the suburbs and reservoir to the metropolitan coast from the front deck and every large front window, including master bedroom, enhance the sense of spaciousness and seclusion. Wide glass sliding doors provide easy transition from indoor to outdoor living/entertaining on the expansive front deck and all-weather, pitched roof, paved rear pergola. Quality floating timber floors match the warm timber tones of the main living area, which is heated by a top-quality energy efficient gas log fire. Ducted cooling features throughout the home, and the recently updated gas hot water service has thermostat controls in both bathrooms and kitchen.
A dual entry driveway provides drive-thru access, through a new, expansive two-car carport, with space to off-street park at least half a dozen cars along the driveway if required. You’ll love the delightful hilltop bushland setting where Koalas frequent the easy-care garden and fenced rear yard, and there’s timed garden irrigation installed where it’s needed. A garden shed with industrial grade shelving, cupboards and workbench included completes the outdoor picture.
A 35 minute drive to the city, 15 minutes to Flinders University and Medical Centre and 20 minutes to Marion Shopping Centre, it’s also just a 25 minute drive to the heart of the McLaren Vale Wine Region and just 5 minutes to the dangerously delicious Clarendon Bakery. Mere minutes away are the Paragon Gym, Blue Dolphin Swim Centre and the Aberfoyle Hub Shopping and Community Centres. There is also a good choice of public and independent schools in the local area. Along with the Hub’s major supermarkets and specialty shops, other independent local shopping choices within 10 mins drive include an excellent Foodland and specialty shops at Happy Valley, and the after-hours convenience of the O’Halloran Hill Hilltop shopping strip. A public transport bus stop on the 737 Route is just a short 4 minute walk away, and there’s an express bus service from the Aberfoyle Hub Interchange to/from the city.
There aren’t many homes in Aberfoyle Park where you can watch the weather roll in over Yorke Peninsula and across Gulf St Vincent from your kitchen window. There’s nothing to do here, just move your furniture in, cook up a storm in the prestige kitchen and tend to the herb and tomato patch.
• A rare, large block in a quiet hilltop cul-de-sac.
• Surprisingly private home with spacious open-plan living.
• 3 Bedrooms.
• 2 Bathrooms.
• Stunning views over suburbs and reservoir to the metropolitan coast.
• Master Bedroom with ensuite, WIR + mirrored BIR – room for a KS bed.
• Second QS bedroom – with mirrored BIR.
• Recently updated premium appliances (Miele, Bosch and Smeg), in an entertainer’s kitchen.
• World-leading energy efficient Archer Gas Log Fire space heating.
• Ducted evaporative cooling – perfectly suited to cooler, higher altitude locale.
• Easy-care timber floors in living areas.
• Freshly carpeted bedrooms.
• New contemporary panel blinds allow unobstructed views.
• Insulated ‘Wine Cellar’ cupboard, holds approximately 16 dozen.
• New 20sqm front deck takes advantage of expansive views.
• Large 50sqm all-weather, pitched roof, paved pergola.
• New two-car drive-thru carport.
• Dual access driveway to both front and rear streets – great for trailers and vans.
• Off-street parking space for multiple vehicles.